Monday, June 15, 2009

Vege Spring Rolls

Sometimes.. when I run out of options for Appetizers, I would just grab a bag of the frozen spring rolls and fry them up... This time... I really had the time, and had planned an Indo-Chinese menu... tried out veg-spring rolls from scratch...They turned out be A Blaaaast...!!! Simply superb....Well I have to say this was a team effort... kind of an assembly line ... My friends.. G helped stuff and wrap them, and R helped me fry them... hahaha...great way to feed and entertain your friends.. :)


What I used

1 cup of chopped Cabbage
1/2 cup of chopped Carrot
1/2 cup of chopped beans
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped Bell pepper
1/2 tsp pepper crushed pepper
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp of soy sauce
1 Pack of wonton wraper (20 sheets)
Oil for frying

How I made it
In a pan, add a tsp of oil, add the onions and saute them, then add all the veges and saute them until they are half cooked. Add salt, pepper and soy sauce and cool this mixture.
Place a tablespoon of this mixture on a wonton sheet, and fold the two side edges and start rolling. Seal the edges (use a little water to help seal them tight).Just before serving time, fry these up and serve with hot n sweet ketchup... This turned out really crunchy and needless to say... taaaaaaassssstttty... They vanished just in seconds :)

This recipe.. makes 20 spring rolls.

Tricks:
You can make these rolls in advance and freeze them and fry them later. Such a time saver.
Serve them hot n crunchy, if you fry it up early, they may become a little soggy. If thats the case, pop them in the oven (on broiler) for 2 - 3 minutes...




1 comment:

  1. These packets have been lying in the freezer for over two months! I have to buckle up and make wantons or spring rolls asap!

    ReplyDelete